Tenafly Recycling and Convenience Center (TRCC)
Location & Hours of Operation
153 Grove Street
For questions concerning the Tenafly Recycling and Convenience Center, call 201-568-4134.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
The Center is closed on holidays observed by the Borough.
Tenafly residents wishing to use the Recycling Center must register for a decal at the Public Works Office, located at 107 Grove Street. There is no cost for the decal. Decals are issued to non-commercial passenger vehicles, sport utility vehicles, passenger vans or light trucks only, that show no markings indicative of commercial use. Decals are not issued to trailers, nor are they permitted in Tenafly Recycling and Convenience Center.
To register for a decal, residents must provide valid New Jersey Driver’s license, proof of residency and vehicle registration. Residents will be asked to bring the paperwork from the Public Works office to the Recycling Center at 153 Grove Street, where a Recycling Center employee will affix a recycling center decal to the registered automobile. Decals are not issued to commercially registered vehicles.
Residents may dispose of designated recyclable materials, such as:
- Bulky rigid plastics (separate container)
- Cell phones and accessories
- Computers and electronics
- Glass bottles and containers
- Grass clippings
- Household furniture and appliances
- Household trash
- Newspapers and magazines
- Pagers and two-way radios
- Plastics (Number 1, Number 2 and Number 5)
- Tree trimmings
- Used clothing
- Yard waste
Household food waste, hazardous waste and construction and demolition debris (lumber, decking, fencing, roofing, etc.) are not accepted at the Recycling Center.
Recycling Convenience Center Rules & Regulations
- Visitors must adhere to the posted safe driving rules and signs guiding traffic flow within the grounds of the TRCC.
- Lack of adherence to the rules regarding the drop-off of acceptable materials and the posted signs for using the appropriate containers is not permitted.
- Illegal dumping of recyclable and non-recyclable materials at the TRCC during operating or non-operating hours is not permitted.
- Hazardous materials are not accepted at the TRCC (Please request information concerning the designated Bergen County sites for these materials).
- The removal of recycled materials from the Center by private individuals is not allowed.
- Verbal abuse and/or threatening behavior directed at center employees or visitors will not be tolerated.
Violation of these adopted rules may result in the revocation of your decal and the loss of your privilege to use the Tenafly Recycling Convenience Center for a specified time.