The Tenafly Senior Center serves members from Tenafly and all of Bergen County. We offer over 18 exercise classes each week. As of September 2019, we now offer Thursday Evening classes. We also offer 5 art classes each week. The Tenafly Senior Center is a special place where you can get fit and/or socialize Monday through Friday. Stop by anytime!
COVID Class Adjustments
The Tenafly Senior Center is offering Zoom classes and other activities to keep our seniors involved and engaged during these troubled times. Please contact the Tenafly Senior Center at 201-569-2159 for details on all of our activities, and to get added to our email mailing list.
Some of the exercise classes offered:
- Balance Class
- Cardio Lite
- Chair Yoga
- Exercise w/Susan
- Senior Fit
- Senior Stretch
- Standing Pilates
- Stretch and Tone Classes
- Tai Chi
- Weight Training
- Zumba Gold
- Art Classes:
- Chinese Brush Stroke
- Drawing and free art studio time
- Book Club
- Bridge, Canasta, two mahjong classes with American and Chinese tiles
- Center Movies
- Dance classes:
- Advanced Tap
- Beginning Tap
- Folk Dancing
- Line Dancing
- Day trips
- Evening Classes - Thursday night exercise or Beginning Spanish
- Knitting, craft classes and discussion groups
- Language classes for Italian and Spanish - Spanish is available Thursday Evenings also
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations for members
- Monthly luncheons
- Monthly speakers and Workshops
- Overnight trips
- Volunteer opportunities with our Hearts and Hands Group - making puppets for pediatric patients
The Center offers conversational English as a Second Language class and welcomes new students and volunteer tutors.
Weekly trips to Shoprite in Englewood with other Tenafly seniors can be arranged through the Bergen County Special Transportation 201-368-5955.
We invite suggestions for topics, for speakers and new classes. Your input is valued. Please feel free to contact us with your suggestions at 201-569-2159.
Tenafly Senior Bus
Call 201-408-3625 for details.
Senior Services Coordinator
Parween Quraishi is available for walk-ins, individual counseling by appointment, socialization and psycho-educational groups and family meetings, in her office. She will also do home visits upon request. Her office hours are from 9 am to 2 pm. Monday through Thursday.