Board of Adjustment Agenda
Meeting number: 132 001 4421
Join by phone: 844-517-1442 United States Toll Free
1-214-459-3653 United States Toll
Access code: 132 001 4421
TENAFLY BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
7:30 P.M. August 2, 2021
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
OPEN PUBLIC MEETINGS ACT STATEMENT
Chairman Kominsky will read the Open Public Meetings Act Statement: “In compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act P.L. 1975, chapter 231, the notice requirements have been satisfied. Notice for this meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the lobby of the Municipal Center, posted on the outside door to the Municipal Center and posted to the municipal web site and published in the Record and the Star-Ledger within the first 10 Days of the New Year.”
1. Mr. Daniel Steinhagen has recused himself from hearing the application on 141 Piermont Road.
2. Mr. Adam Kominsky has recused himself from hearing the application on 248 Devon Road.
3. Applications for 30 Dean Drive were already mailed.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM THE PREVIOUS MEETING- July 12, 2021. Motion from board members to approve minutes.
CORRESPONDENCE: Letter of consent to continuance of hearing for 141 Piermont Road was received.
Inground pool and fence. Water unit required in rear yard. Front yard proposed (property has no rear yard). (Rec’d 05/18/2021-decision by 09/17/2021)
Install pool, fire pit, patio and pool house. 12.5% building coverage permitted. 13.6% proposed; 18.75% far permitted. 19.6% proposed; 25% impervious coverage permitted. 33% proposed; 20’ side yard required. Proposed equipment pad in setback. (Rec’d 05/11/2021-decision by 09/10/2021)
1. JND, LLC, 141 Piermont Road. ZB-2021-5 ( Cancelled. It will be on for the September 13, 2021 Calendar) (Consent to Continuance)
Applicant is seeking Preliminary and Final Site Plan approval and Major Soil Moving Permit approval to develop the site with a 5-story self-storage building. The proposed use is not permitted in the zone district. Variances are requested for Use, Height, and other bulk regulations.
2. Gorshein, 341 Engle Street. ZB- 2021-18 (Completeness Review)
Construct an addition in the rear of the existing dwelling. Building coverage permitted 15%. Porposed 16.3%. (Rec’d 05/14/2021-decision by 09/14/2021)
3. Selver, 235 Churchill Road. ZB-2021-19 (Completeness Review)
Install an in-ground pool and patio. Impervious coverage permitted 25%. Proposed 29.02%. (Rec’d 05/28/2021-decision by 09/28/2021)
4. Marino, 30 Dean Drive. ZB-2021-16 (Application)
Install a generator. 10’ side set back required. Placement in setback proposed. (Rec’d 04/15/2021-decision by 08/16/2021)
5. Shazo, 27 Chestnut Street. ZB-2021-20 (Application)
Construct two-family dwelling. Required 10 ‘side yard. Proposed 5’. (Rec’d 05/07/2021-decision by 09/07/2021)
Monica Chalarca, Zoning Board Secretary