Mayor & Council's Access for All Committee
The Access for All Committee was established by the Mayor and Council to considerand provide advice and counsel to the governing body as to the concerns of disabled persons, barrier-free facilities, employment practices and the like and general and specific compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
In 1998, the Committee assisted Borough officials in the preparation of a Self Evaluation and Transition Plan in order for the Borough of Tenafly to satisfy the requirements of the federal regulations implementing Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans With Disabilities Act for municipal government facilities. The Plan was prepared after a review of all municipal facilities. The Committee is in the process of reviewing and updating the Plan.
The Committee has worked with the Mayor & Council to improve accessibility throughout the Borough. Among the accomplishments are the following:
- Construction of sidewalk ramps at various intersections throughout the municipality.
- Installation of automatic opening doors at Borough Hall and the Public Library.
- Purchase of a self-contained handicap rest room facility for the Tenafly Nature Center.
- Construction of handicap rest rooms at the Tenafly Senior Center.
- Construction of East Plaza sidewalk and ramp to Library.
Brochure: New!! Community ID Program for residents with special needs
Listing files in 'Access for All Committee'